Ss. Colman-John Neumann School is looking for a part-time Development Director. Reporting to the Principal, the Development Director will be responsible for fundraising, development campaign communications and public relations. The position offers a wonderful opportunity to design and implement a fundraising plan tailored to support the mission of the parish school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Principal to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include Annual Giving Campaign, Major Gifts, Corporate & Foundation Giving, and Grants.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategy to meet development goals in alignment with approved budget and long-term strategies.
- Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters of intent, proposals, budgets, presentations and any other supporting documentation that may be required.
- Collaborate with Home and School Association and Principal to ensure volunteer recruitment, e-communications, and adherence to timelines for successful events.
- Cultivate relationships and effectively engage volunteers.
- Organize, lead and coach volunteer teams in support of development strategies.
- Oversee school communications initiatives including but not limited to, school newsletter, marketing materials, brochures, email and direct mail.
- Oversee all school related social media including School Website, Facebook, and Twitter in an effort to promote the school and to ensure sufficient resources in support of school’s mission.
- Provide recommendations and innovative ways to accomplish goals. Submit timely program reports as requested.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, or related field required.
- Fundraising experience including special event planning & management and individual & corporate giving.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and coaching volunteers, donors, and sponsors.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient in social & digital media.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
Interested and qualified candidates please send resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation, and updated clearances (FBI fingerprint, Child Abuse, and Criminal Background) to the e-mail address above. Please attach appropriate documents where applicable.
An Administration Application packet can be obtained at: http://www.aopcatholicschools.org/about/emplpoyment/ Information will be under Resources – Elementary Applications.
If the position is offered, the candidate will be required to complete the “Protecting God’s Children” training through the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Additional information regarding this training can be found here.
Posted on June 4, 2019