Major Gifts Officer
St. Hubert High School
7320 Torresdale Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19136
ABOUT SAINT HUBERT
Since 1941, Saint Hubert has been educating students to become women of faith and integrity. Our more than 30,000 alumnae represent the strong, successful women today’s students aspire to be. They have attained great success in many professional fields including medicine, law, education, business, religious life, entrepreneurship, research, science, and many more. Saint Hubert is proud of our tradition and we are committed to encouraging all students to achieve excellence in academics, athletics, service, and spirituality programs. (We invite you to visit www.huberts.org )
The Major Gifts Officer maximizes giving to the school by establishing long-term relationships with a group of assigned, qualified prospects to help them fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to Saint Hubert Catholic High School for Girls and, in doing so, assures that the school achieves its strategic goals and priorities. The Major Gifts Officer reports directly to the Director of Institutional Advancement.
This is a Full Time position.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Saint Hubert Catholic High School’s history, mission, academic and extracurricular programs, and its faculty, students and administration; maintain a thorough understanding of the school’s current priorities and initiatives of the faculty and administration.
- Qualify a group of major gift prospects ($1,000 and above), managing a pool of approximately 125-150 donors. Maintain a variety of gift officer metrics and reports to support success, including visits and close rates. Travel is expected.
- Create individual goals and a solicitation plan (through Moves Management) for each prospect based on the donor’s history of giving and the school’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Collaborate with the Director of Institutional Advancement, President, and the advancement team to successfully implement Saint Hubert’s comprehensive campaign.
- Prepare reports, briefing materials, correspondence, proposals, and related documents for solicitation of major gift prospects.
- Schedule joint visits with the President, volunteers, board members, and others when appropriate.
- Solicit prospects so that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the school and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
- Support volunteer networks and assist in the identification, recruitment, and training of volunteers as needed.
- Attend and support appropriate alumnae and donor engagement events related to assigned responsibilities; including some weekend and evening times.
- Participate in departmental and professional training programs to increase expertise in the profession.
- Perform other major donor activities as may be required.
- An appreciation and passion for Saint Hubert Catholic High School for Girls and a commitment to promote the mission, values, and vision for the school.
- Successful major gift fundraising experience, preferably in a nonprofit or educational environment.
- Demonstrated success qualifying major gift prospects combined with the ability and confidence to cultivate, solicit, and artfully ask to secure major gifts.
- Proven success creating personal contact and solicitation plans for prospects that takes into account the individual donor’s interest, motivations, giving patterns, capacity and preferences along with the ability to implement that plan in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build, foster, and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external constituencies including administrators, faculty, board members, volunteer leadership, students, donors, and prospects.
- Superior communication skills which will be utilized to express orally and in writing Saint Hubert’s mission and fundraising goals with passion and persuasion developing effective proposals, presentations, and asks.
- Ability to manage people, process deadlines and budgets while adhering to the policies and procedures of Saint Hubert Catholic High School for Girls.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation and stamina, evidence of good judgment, attention to detail, demonstrated personal integrity and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrated aptitude with new and emerging technologies and social media, as well as familiarity with Raisers Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to :
Trish Decker, Director of Institutional Advancement at:
The deadline for application is July 24, 2019
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants.
PA required clearances and Safe Environment Certification and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin.
As a religious organization, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia is also bound by Canon Law and Catholic teachings. For this reason, there may be occasions when an employee’s failure to adhere to the truths of the Catholic faith are a factor in employment-related decisions. In the event an employee fails to adhere to, or takes a position publicly that is contrary to, Catholic doctrine and teachings, or any policy or procedure maintained by the Archdiocese, the employee may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Employment practices will not be influenced by an individual’s legally protected status or any other basis as may be required by local, state and/or federal law as those laws apply to the Archdiocese.
Any employee with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace is encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of Human Resources. Employees can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Posted on July 11, 2019