St. Charles Borromeo Parish in Bensalem is seeking a full-time Advancement Director responsible for the overall planning, management, coordination, and evaluation of the enrollment management, development, communications, marketing and constituent/public relations programs of the Parish and Parochial School – activities that will attract the enrollment and philanthropic support necessary to advance the mission of the parish and school. The Advancement Director reports to the Pastor and Principal
Duties and Responsibilities
School Enrollment Management
- Responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the marketing, recruitment and retention of students. This includes but is not limited to open houses, campus visits and tours, re-registration, brochure creation, etc.
- Working closely with key volunteers, coordinate the external and internal marketing efforts and initiatives that attract and retain students in sufficient numbers to support the programs of the school.
- Plan, collect data, make projections and report enrollment management data.
- Formulates and implements a community relations and marketing plan to promote the school as a high-quality Catholic elementary school.
- Responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of all fundraising and friend raising initiatives.
- Plans and coordinates all annual fundraising initiatives, special events, and major gift appeals.
- Educates and engages key volunteers in implementing mission-based fundraising
- Works to create and support a culture of philanthropy and stewardship within the school and parish community.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits individual donors, major benefactors, corporate and business sponsors.
- Researches foundations and corporations to find appropriate gift-giving opportunities; prepares and submits grant proposals; monitors the implementation of the grant monies; writes reports evaluating the grants
- Responsible for the database of donors and alumni, input and tracking, ongoing recording and acknowledgement of donations.
Governance and Strategic Planning
- Promotes understanding, acceptance, and support of the vision and mission statements and objectives of the parish and the school.
- Sets priorities to meet annual goals
- Works closely with the advancement committee of the school board and parish council to set and achieve goals and objectives.
- Sets and implements professional writing and design standards for school and parish communications. These include, but are not limited to:
- print publications including school newsletter, parish bulletin, marketing materials, brochures, and direct mail pieces.
- Electronic communications including website and email
- Media relations including advertising in and press releases to local newspapers and media outlets to cover and promote school and parish events.
- Updates parish and school websites, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Identify and develop emerging social media outlets and communication technologies.
- Identify, recruit, and engage volunteers including: prospects, parents, alumni, grandparents, clergy, students, faculty and administrative staff, etc.
- Volunteer planning and management
- Work closely with the school board, staff and volunteers to assist them in their activities
- Experience in enrollment management, development, sales, marketing, communications, event planning, and volunteer management.
- Ability to appreciate the work of evangelization and to communicate a passion for Catholic education.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with a demonstrated ability to engage people of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Proficiency in Spanish helpful.
- Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational goals
- Ability to build a team and effectively recruit and manage volunteers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to interact confidently and effectively with school and office staff, students, donors, administration, alumni, and the media.
- Ability to conceptualize and to execute strategic plans and to manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management, and website development preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with experience in not-for-profit fundraising and grant-writing preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample, three letters of recommendation, and updated clearances (FBI fingerprint, Child Abuse, and Criminal Background are required to be on file before the start of employment) to the e-mail address above. Please attach appropriate documents where applicable.
An Administration Application packet can be obtained at: http://www.aopcatholicschools.org/about/emplpoyment/ Information will be under Resources – Elementary Applications.
If the position is offered, the candidate will be required to complete the “Protecting God’s Children” training through the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Additional information regarding this training can be found here.
Posted on June 18, 2019