Special Education Teacher – St. Lucy Day School
Special Education Teacher
Saint Lucy Day School for Children with Visual Impairments
4251 L Street Philadelphia, PA 19124
Special Education Teacher Opening beginning September 2017
We are seeking a certified Special Education Teacher to teach in a resource room for students who are blind and visually impaired grades 5 through 8.
- A bachelor degree in special education
- Knowledge of the literary Braille Code and the Nemeth Code
- Familiarity with speech synthesizer software for computer use, knowledge of the operation of the Apex Braille Note Taker and familiarity with Braille embossers.
- Familiarity with low vision devices such as the telescope, CCTV and hand held video magnifiers.
- Ability to maintain appropriate data collection in order to monitor student progress toward IEP goals.
- Orientation and Mobility certification preferred but not necessary.
- Conduct appropriate educational assessments to monitor academic progress.
- Develop IEP goals to address educational needs identified through assessment.
- Develop lesson plans and unit plans according to the curriculum established by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
- Ability to collaborate with the general education classroom teachers in order to facilitate inclusion.
Interested candidates should email their resume and transcripts to:
Sister Lisa Lettiere, IHM email@example.com
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. PA required clearances and Safe Environment Certification and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin.