Special Education Teacher – Life Skills – AOP Special Education Schools
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
– Autism Support and Intellectually Disabled
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Special Education Schools serves students with intellectual and multiple disabilities along with student that are on the Autism Spectrum. Teachers must have a degree in special education and their PA certification.
- Possess a true passion for special education and our students.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in emotionally stressful situations along with the ability to calmly and effectively deal with challenging student behaviors.
- Develop and implement IEP goals and objectives designed to meet the individual needs of the students in the classroom.
- Establish and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning by providing access to a variety of learning materials and teaching strategies to meet the learning needs of students, behaviors, and organizing and effectively structuring learning experiences in the classroom and community settings.
- Demonstrate a clear and deep understanding of disability categories under IDEA and in determining student needs. Ability to apply that understanding in short term and long term planning for student learning.
- Apply knowledge of special education procedural requirements; data collection, IEP technical compliance, student progress monitoring and individual program development.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with building level staff and outside agencies. Ability to coordinate multiple paraprofessionals to meet the educational, personal care and social needs of the students.
- Specific knowledge and skills in working with students who have limited functional communication, cognitive, and behavioral challenges.
- CPI or Safety Care Certification preferred along with current CPR/AED.
- Degree in special education
- PA certification.
Candidates interested in the position should send their cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and transcripts to Kathleen Gould: email@example.com
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. The Office of Catholic Education may waive qualifications relating to experience and education if such a waiver is warranted by other considerations.