Special Education Teacher – Autism Support (BCBA) – St. Katherine Day School
St. Katherine Day School
930 Bowman Avenue
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER – Autism Support (BCBA)
St. Katherine Day School is a special education school that serves students with intellectual and multiple disabilities along with students that are on the Autism Spectrum. SKDS has two campuses, one of which is located in Wynnewood and the other in Radnor, PA. The therapist must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree conferred in behavior analysis or other natural science, education, human services, medicine or a field related to behavior analysis Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA®) granted by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board and experience working in school-age programs
- Possess a true passion for special education and the students that St. Katherine Day School serves.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in emotionally stressful situations along with the ability to calmly and effectively deal with challenging student behaviors.
- Provide consultation and intervention regarding behavior management, effective education and assessment of behavioral needs of students with and without disabilities
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments and design, implement and monitor behavior intervention plans and evaluate accordingly; Develop crisis intervention plans when needed
- Maintain appropriate records
- Demonstrate a clear and deep understanding of disability categories under IDEA and in determining student needs. Ability to apply that understanding in short term and long term planning for student learning and behaviors.
- Serve as liaison between students receiving special education services and outside providers, private psychiatrists, school staff, psychologists and community agencies.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with building level staff and outside agencies. Ability to coordinate multiple paraprofessionals to meet the educational, personal care and social needs of the students.
- Specific knowledge and skills in working with students who have limited functional communication, cognitive, and behavioral challenges.
- CPI or Safety Care Certification preferred along with current CPR/AED.
- Perform other BCBA duties/responsibilities required by the program and within the scope of licensure and/or certification
Candidates interested in the position should send their cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and transcripts to
Kathleen Gould, Principal St. Katherine Day School at:
firstname.lastname@example.org FAX: 610-667-3625
Deadline for applications is September 15, 2017.
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin. The Office of Catholic Education may waive qualifications relating to experience and education if such a waiver is warranted by other considerations.