Grey Nun Academy
Position Available Immediately – Part Time Campus Ministry and Middle Division Religion Teacher – 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
Founded in 1963 by the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart, Grey Nun Academy is an independent, Catholic, co-educational elementary school in Bucks County, PA for children in grades PreK3 through Eighth grade. The Academy offers an academically rich curriculum that meets the unique needs of individual students, respecting the rights, interests, and dignity of each child. Grey Nun Academy welcomes children of all faiths and cultures. The school’s educational process leads children to embrace and promote peace and social justice in our world. Grey Nun Academy has an opening for a part time religion teacher and campus ministry. This position requires a solutions-driven, proactive and self-motivated individual.
• Must be a practicing Catholic with current catechist certification.
• Knowledge and understanding of and commitment to the Grey Nun Academy mission.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Theology or related subject matter.
• A minimum of three-five years teaching experience in a PreK-8 school environment.
• Excellent verbal/written communications skills; demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills, strong public speaking skills.
• Ability to interact with parents, faculty and staff.
• Flexibility and strong ability to work collegially with the faculty, staff and parents, including home/school communication.
• An accessible and approachable people personality with a good sense of humor.
• Self-confident and secure in one’s achievements.
• Able to set and attain goals and accept professional feedback.
• Must demonstrate competency with school related technology – Google Applications for Education and RenWeb
Religion Teacher grades 6-8
• Assist in the implementation of a PreK-8 religious education curriculum; teacher grades 6, 7, and 8 religion
• Prepare monthly curricular updates for the GNA community
• Must be skilled in the areas of: classroom management, project-based learning, presenting challenging and creative content.
• Lead and guide the spiritual life of the school community.
• Serve as liturgical director for all Masses, prayer services, student retreats, and community service
• Ensure GNA’s mission is at the heart of our programming and student life.
• Maintain the chapel environment and procure needed supplies.
• Coordinate with priests for all school Masses.
• Serve as liaison to Diocesan Office.
• Communicate with parents and parishes of second grade students who are receiving the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist as well as sixth grade students who are receiving the sacrament of Confirmation.
• Collaborate with others for the set-up of campus ministry events.
Please email in one PDF document, your letter of interest, resume, three or more professional references with contact information, and writing sample relevant to the position. Only fully completed applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Position will remain open until filled. Please send all materials via email in one PDF document to:
Roe Stradling, Main Office
Grey Nun Academy
1750 Quarry Road
Yardley, PA 19067
Position Type:Part Time