Groundskeeper / Maintenance – Pope John Paul II High School
Pope John Paul II High School
181 Rittenhouse Road
Royersford, PA 19468
The primary job responsibility for the Maintenance Groundskeeper is to provide support and preparations with indoor/outdoor athletic field preparations as well as general maintenance of our building. He/she assists in a wide variety of athletic maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensure that tools, equipment and materials are maintained in good working order.
Work hours of 12:00pm-9:00pm – Monday-Friday (some weekend work will be required)
Groundskeeper – Essential Duties:
- Seasonal preparation of athletic facilities (field and equipment set up and breakdown at the beginning and end of all athletic seasons)
- Set up for daily athletic events during season
- Field lining of all athletic fields
- Field preparation for baseball and softball (dragging, base placement, lining, extra prep if needed in the event of inclement weather)
- Trash removal and general cleanliness of athletic facilities
- Supervisory role during some evening and weekend athletic events as scheduled
- General repairs to athletic equipment and facilitates
- Inspect athletic facilitates for safety
- Build relationships and work with parent volunteers and coaches for specified projects and tasks
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and security of the school building and grounds. Maintenance employees support the coordinated requirements of the president, principal staff, and cafeteria personnel and perform the services required of them.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the buildings, caring for grounds, the maintenance/repair of heating, ventilating, plumbing, drainage, sanitary and other mechanical and electrical mechanisms in the building.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and neatness in the building, grounds and sidewalks. Maintain lawns and shrubbery in a neat and attractive manner and keep grounds clear of ice and snow.
- Protect the school building against vandalism, fire, storm damage and other hazards.
- Report need for repairs to the maintenance supervisor.
- Cooperate and assist the custodians in their tasks if the need arises.
- Make repairs on doors, windows, hardware, equipment, lamp replacement, electrical, plumbing, etc., as directed by the maintenance supervisor or President.
- Certify all deliveries of supplies, equipment and services.
- Receive, store and place supplies, furniture, and equipment at the direction of the maintenance supervisor.
- Set up, dismantle, or move furniture, portable instructional equipment or supplies at the direction of the maintenance supervisor.
- Provide written records/receipts for all repairs to equipment and the building to the maintenance supervisor.
- Report in writing any damaged, missing or stolen school property to the maintenance supervisor.
- Be prepared to do all maintenance/cleaning jobs assigned by the President of the school and the maintenance supervisor.
- Be prepared to be on call to answer any building alarms during off hours of operation.
- Perform related work as required.
High School Diploma
3-5 years of progressively more responsible experience in general maintenance.
Valid Driver’s License
Candidates interested in the position of Groundskeeper/Maintenance should submit their cover letter and resume to: Mr. Ron Williams, Maintenance Supervisor Pope John Paul II High School at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mark subject line: G/M – PJP – 72017
Deadline for Applications is August 21, 2017
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. PA required clearances and Safe Environment Certification will be required before employment can begin.