St. James Regional School is accepting applications for an Advancement Director. This is permanent full time position.
The full time Advancement Director reports to the Principal and Governing Pastor and is responsible for the overall planning, management, coordination, and evaluation of the enrollment management, development, communications, and constituent/public relations programs of the school – activities that create a supportive climate for enrollment and fundraising. This is all in an effort to provide sufficient resources to insure the School can achieve its mission. Must have very good skills in the following areas: communication, writing, working independently while being part of an educational team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Governance and Strategic Planning
- Promote understanding, acceptance, and support of the vision and mission statements, and objectives of the school
- Set priorities to meet annual goals
- Work closely with the advancement committee of the board to set and achieve goals and objectives
- Responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of the marketing, recruitment, and retention of students. This includes but is not limited to open houses, campus visits and tours, re-registration, brochure creation, etc.
- Working closely with key volunteers, coordinate the external and internal marketing efforts and initiatives that attract and retain students in sufficient numbers to support the programs of the school.
- Plan, collect data, make projections, and report enrollment management data.
- Responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of all fundraising and friend raising initiatives.
- Plan, manage, and implement annual giving, major gifts, and events. This includes, but is not limited to: prospect identification and research, cultivation, solicitation, gift processing, acknowledgments, and stewardship.
- Educate and engage key volunteers (i.e. Parents Association) in implementing mission-based fundraising.
- Works to create and support a culture of philanthropy within the school.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining professional writing and design standards for school communications. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Print publications including school newsletter/magazine, marketing materials, Giving Program brochures, and direct mail pieces
- Electronic communications including email, website, and social media
- Media relations including advertising and press releases in local newspapers, local media coverage of school events.
- Identify, recruit, and engage volunteers, including prospects, parents, alumni, grandparents, clergy students, faculty and administrative staff, etc.
- Volunteer planning and management
- Work closely with the school board, staff, and volunteers to assist them in their activities
- Database planning: data acquisition and management
- Database management: oversee the management of databases as it relates to enrollment management and development, especially the updating and maintaining of the alumni database
- General office processes and procedures
- Experience in enrollment management, development, sales, marketing, communication, and/or volunteer management.
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic elementary education
- Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational goals
- Ability to build a team, effectively recruiting and managing volunteers
- Superior communication skills, ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, donors, trustees, school administration, the media, and alumni
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience in a parochial or not-for-profit environment preferred.
- Practicing Catholic, Passion for Catholic Education and Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred
Interested and qualified candidates please send resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation, and updated clearances (FBI fingerprint, Child Abuse, and Criminal Background) to the e-mail address above. Please attach appropriate documents where applicable.
* An Administrator Application packet can be obtained at: http://www.aopcatholicschools.org/about/emplpoyment/ Information will be under Resources – Elementary Applications. *
If the position is offered, the candidate will be required to complete the “Protecting God’s Children” training through the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Additional information regarding this training can be found here.
Posted on April 27, 2018